Saturday, July 9, 2011

Calorie Calculator - if you really want to lose weight

If you've read anything of mine previous to now (considering I published my first post about 10 minutes ago, you probably haven't) you know that I have lost weight simply by counting calories - and not so much worried about <i>what</i> I'm eating.  To track my calorie intake, I use MyFitnessPal.  I found out how many calories I should be eating in order to lose weight by punching in my height and weight, and telling MFP I wanted to drop 2lbs/wk.  For those of you who don't use MFP because you don't want to sign up, or don't have a smartphone (MFP has a Droid, Blackberry and an iPhone app) and don't want to have to login to a website to log your calories every day, you can use FreeDieting.com's calorie calculator to find out how many calories you should be consuming per day in order to lose weight.  MFP is what I will always suggest, but I know that something like MFP may not be for everyone.  You should note, however, that as your weight changes (and it will!), so should your calorie intake - and when you enter your new weight on MFP, your calorie intake will automatically be updated.  If you don't use MFP, you should check back after you've dropped a few pounds to see if a new calorie amount is suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment